Jump Start Your Local Stakeholder Group
with Mpact: LAB
Mpact: LAB is working with local stakeholder groups in an array of communities, providing short-term programming designed to jump start progress on a specific local challenge. Over the last several months we’ve worked with stakeholder groups in Buffalo, Central Indiana, Miami-Dade County, Milwaukee County, Phoenix, San Antonio, St. Louis, and Youngstown, Ohio. We’re getting rolling with several more locations for 2023, including a return to Milwaukee.
What exactly does Mpact: LAB offer? The programming varies in scope and scale depending on specific local needs. This can range from intensive six-week MOVE Roundtables to half-day workshops or a short series of strategy sessions, with other options also available.
A core element of our approach is that each location defines its situation and need. Here are examples from recent and forthcoming locations:
- reimagining an arterial corridor
- planning for reintroduction of Amtrak service
- updating the transportation section of a regional age-friendly plan
- catalyzing a new vision for transit in light of recent local events
- engaging stakeholders along a proposed BRT corridor
- bringing players together around non-emergency medical transportation in rural areas
- devising approaches to maximizing awareness and use by seniors of expanding inter-city transit options
The outcomes also are locally determined. Our goal is not to be prescriptive but instead to foster a safe place to discuss shared goals and challenges, out of which specific plans or action steps emerge from the group. To get a sense of what these have looked like, check out executive summaries from MOVE Roundtable locations.